Sunday, December 11, 2005

 
I meant it, yesterday, when I said I was in a grouchy mood. I woke up late this morning, but had enough time to take shower and get to work. I got there and the new girl was in tears. Tears of frustration, mind you. I said, "Hello, I'm here." and she said, "I'm putting in my two week notice!" as she came around to my side of the partition and was wiping the tears away. She was overwhelmed. We went through the phone calls she needed to call back and got them straightened out. We also went through the paperwork and got it straight, in her mind, on what needed to be done. I took the daily entry stuff and told her not to worry about it, I would do it. She said the scanner wouldn't work for her, yesterday.

I watched her put the batch in today, and it worked fine. She had accidentally put them in upside down, yesterday, causing the barcodes to not be read...or any of the stuff that needed to scan. It sounded like she had a horrible afternoon, yesterday, and I could see why that could happen. I had done it myself, in the past, but because I have been there so long, I spotted the correction pretty quickly. Anyway, we got that taken care of.

She handled the paperwork, asking questions as she came across them. We finished up everything and I think she felt a lot better. I told her that if she felt she needed help on her next weekend, she just needed to say. There is so much stuff that needs to be understood, that it does take more than just Saturday (having the boss there for questions) to feel comfortable working a weekend.

After work, I ran down to Papa John's Pizza. One large pizza(cheese, pepperoni, or sausage) for $5.99. I bought two cheese. I can have pizza for lunch for a couple days. I then went to a cool store that sells incense. I like several types they carry. The store also sells pipes. Very pretty, interesting, & cool pipes. I was surprised at all the people interested in pipes, today. I wonder if they were buying Christmas gifts or for their own use? I also wonder what those pipes were for? Do those people make a habit of smoking pot, or worse? Pot smokers don't bother me because they are usually harmless and calm, whereas meth or crack smokers scare the bajeezus out of me! Personally, I don't know any.. nor do I want to.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?