Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

Thank goodness for the weekend

Wednesday night, the new cat bit hell out of my hands. My own fault, of course. This is the cat that A gave me. Not Lady Fortuna. Lady Fortuna is a wonderful cat. She wasn't when I decided to take in this cat. A has 17 cats, some dogs, etc... She is a foster home, but has decided she needs to make some changes. The kittens hadn't actually been fostered so she was able to give them away. Problem is, 1 1/2 years old is no longer a kitten. The cat is scared stiff of this place. She doesn't know me or the cats. I pulled her out from under the bed and she bit me several times. She got loose. That evening, I was ready for bed when I heard her crying. She was under the freezer. The motor had kicked on and she had peed underneath it in fear. I dragged her out, holding on so I could clean her. She bit me many times. My index finger is swollen and bruised. I have several scratch and bite marks on both hands. They hurt. I already had tetanus shot for some other reason in the past (recent). HA! So, I worked last night and the typing isn't the greatest as not total usage of fingers. Well, the boss took off tonite and I agreed to work until close for her. What a dummy I am! I was only an half hour longer, but the other two girls who stayed (thank goodness they did!) were both late leaving out. One was about 1 1/2 hour and the other 1/2 to 45 minutes over the time they were supposed to leave. Then I had to go to Walmart for essentials. Cat food, toilet paper. Picked up some other stuff needed. Planned on doing some other things when I got home, but am tired. New cat (bitey cat) keeps crying. Her name was Roxie (she's tortoise-shell) but I'm changing it to Rocky... cause that's the state of our current relationship!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?